Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Seriously Infected


The Crochet mess of '06
I am suffering from a severe case of the Crochet.  It struck hard and I think this time, I'm going to take a while to recover.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be the same.  There was the Crochet Outbreak in '06 in which I dabbled with an acrylic grab bag of odd, 1980 colors.  It landed on the donation pile.


Then I found this bedspread through Ravelry and was obsessed with making my own version.  This was created by the fabulous LizK of Crossroad Knits.
Afghan and Afghan photo by LizK - pattern by Attic 24


The pattern is from Attic 24 which I mentioned in my last post.  So off I went, purchasing yarn and starting my king size afghan.  After doing some calculations, I realized I'd need about 15 times more yarn and that just wasn't in the budget.   I made a baby blanket instead.   The pattern  (Neat Ripple Pattern by Attic24) and tutorial are so well written.  If you've ever had trouble with crochet before, try it again and try this blanket.  You won't be sorry.


Today, I am in the full throws of the Crochet.  I just emptied my knitting bin which included the almost finished, unblocked tam and filled the basket up with colorful cotton yarn that was on sale at Michael's for $1 a skein.






I also saw this book on crochet edging and then some beads and maybe some new hooks, oh and a bag of buttons.


There was quite a bit of yarn that I never used for my giant king sized afghan, so I rebooted the old granny square blanket with the new colors.  Not sure what I think of it, but with each new row/color, I feel differently about it.  The photo stinks but I'm short on time since technically I'm not supposed to be blogging (or shopping for that matter).  I am organizing my laundry room. . . or supposed to be.


I think I'll just curl up on the couch here and settle in for a cozy winter of The Crochet.  May as well stop fighting it.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, I do love those ripples!

Guinifer said...

As well as I knit, my fingers will NOT crochet. I will sit back and admire your projects!